The rise of the COVID-19 pandemic restricted many from visiting doctors and healthcare professionals in person.Even in 2022, when the impact of the pandemic has almost subsided, going to hospitals is still difficult due to several factors involving health risks and hectic appointment schedules.
Technology has paved the path for different aspects of our life, including healthcare. Thanks to digital devices, doctors can now diagnose, treat, and monitor their patients virtually through telehealth services.
What is Telehealth?
Telehealth refers to medical services delivered remotely through telecommunications technology –a blanket term that covers all healthcare services, including consultations, healthcare education, and transmission of vital signs using devices. For example, you can consult a dermatologist in Pasig for skin problems by simply having a video call or sending them images.
Advantages of Telehealth Services
Telehealth comes with plenty of benefits for both the healthcare sector and patients wanting to gain easier access to medical services.
- Breaks barriers. One of the most conspicuous challenges faced by patients and doctors alike is the accessibility barrier. Several rural and secluded areas in the Philippines, most notably far-off provinces, have little to no clinics and healthcare access. Telehealth solves this problem by allowing patients to get their diagnosis and treatment remotely through devices.
- Flexible scheduling. Telehealth saves you the hassle of catching up with doctor’s appointments, no longer requiring patients to agonizingly wait a considerable amount of time before they can be attended to.
- Offers a wide variety of services. All kinds of doctors are available in telehealth without jumping from one clinic to another just to look for one. In telehealth, you can easily find a cardiologist or an ophthalmologist in Manila, all in the same application. Moreover, other activities such as healthcare education are also offered.
- Decreased Risk of Infection. You’re probably not visiting hospitals due to the fear of viral transmission. By having your health needs addressed virtually, there is no need to be anxious about catching another disease since telehealth takes care of you at home.
- Cuts Costs. Not only is telehealth convenient, but it is also cost-effective. Resource pooling, lowered readmission rates, remote monitoring, and less time spent inpatient decreased healthcare costs while significantly improving quality.
Feeling sick but can’t leave your home? Book a telehealth consultation now at NowServing PH!